Tuesday 20 August 2013

Java moss - Taxiphyllum barbieri, Vesicularia dubayana, Spiky moss, Taxiphyllum sp (common aquatic mosses)

These are aquatic mosses which I collected in various streams in the northern regions of west peninsular Malaysia, except for the Spiky moss which I bought from a friend. These mosses grow in different conditions. 


Taxiphyllum barbieri emersed
 
the Taxiphyllum barbieri I found growing on land near a stream
Habitat




These are some of the mosses I have at the moment; but given that Taxiphyllum barbieri is faster growing and looks nicer than the rest ... it is my favourite! :)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely area and nice looking mosses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some Christmas moss and i can’t remember which ones.. ahhh I also collected some near my swimming pool area. They were thick like carpet. Hope they will survive .

    ReplyDelete